[kde-artists] HiColor icons renamed to Crystal

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri May 20 20:15:07 BST 2005

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 11:58:48PM -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>Looking through the KOffice icons, I find that these toolbar icons from
>>lib/formula were renamed from HiColor to CrystalSVG:

And other KOffice apps as well.

> Most of them look fine along with the other crystal icons.  The ones
> which don't I'll try and find replacements for during the icon
> marathon.  No need to clutter the hicolour namespace needlessly.

I think that you miss the point.  The only problem is that these icons
were renamed from CrystalSVG to HiColor.

We MUST have HiColor icons according to both KDE policy:

http://developer.kde.org/~larrosa/iconthemes.html

and to comply with the FreeDesktop standard:

http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/icon-theme-spec

So, the question is why HiColor icons were renamed to CrystalSVG. since
this accomplishes nothing except to screw things up.

The HiColor icons MUST be installed as hicolor.  There is NO problem if
there aren't any CrystalSVG icons, KDE will just fall back to the
HiColor theme.