Ugh... Qt4 porting

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Mon May 16 18:32:47 BST 2005

On Monday 16 May 2005 18:58, Mosfet wrote:

[ snip ]

> Screw this crap.

Wasn't it Kalle Dalheimer who said the quality of a toolkit could be measured
by the times it gets into your way while you try to be productive? Lars, I
think Mosfet has some valid points here. It's good to work on generalization
and simplification of interfaces, but if you don't provide means to perform
certain tasks with the same quality as before, the toolkit is hindering
instead of helping. Losing color resolution is not good. Maybe you won't see
a visual difference on a screen, but errors add up.

However, as far as I understand it you're not forced to use the premultiplied
image format, it's just faster for paint operations if you do? Wouldn't it
then be enough to place a warning in the documentation that this image format
should not be used if QImage is used as a data container for image
manipulation purposes?

regards,
	matthias

--
From the 'Handbook of Corporate Slang':

- to protect prior investment (phrase):
    describes the inability to revert a wrong decision made
    in the past, expresses willingness of throwing
    good money after bad. (q.v. Fiorina, C.)