Diff from CVS to SVN?

Clarence Dang dang at kde.org
Fri May 13 10:38:35 BST 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005 09:11 pm, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 06 May 2005 14:56, Clarence Dang wrote:
> > Is it possible to get a diff.bz2 from the last ever CVS HEAD to SVN trunk
> > for all KDE modules?
> >
> > Downloading about 50MB of .tar.bz2 source from ktown/~coolo or checking
> > out an equivalent amount from SVN is rather inconvenient for me.  I'm on
> > 28k dialup and I've incrementally updated KDE source from CVS for a few
> > years now.
>
> How would a diff help you? In a few days it'll be outdated again. If you
> don't have a svn checkout, you'll never be able to update from svn.

What I meant was a diff from a checkout from the last CVS HEAD to a checkout
from a recent SVN trunk.  I've just realised, however, that this won't work
because e.g. .svn/ contains a copy of every checked out file anyway so the
diff would be just as big as the sources.  Of course, this could be avoided
using a script that builds that bit of .svn/ but that's getting too complex.

> That, or you can burn a CD in Malaga :/

Sorry, I don't think I'll have enough money for that :(

I think I'll take up Dirk's offer.