Subversion Prolem b/c moved files

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Wed May 11 11:22:32 BST 2005

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 10:42, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 11 Mai 2005 10:16 schrieb Dirk Mueller:
> > All the KDE/ move breaks websvn.kde.org perfectly, so we could as well
> > have skipped the whole conversion process and just imported the latest
> > trunk into the SVN tree. Would have been as useful as it is now.
>
> What makes the KDE/ move different from any other svn move done after
> the conversion?
Not much. Just the little fact that the _whole_ KDE was moved, which means the
history for all of KDE is not easily accessible anymore. BTW, in CVS there
was no problem, because we copied the history to the new place as well.

Maybe svn could be fixed to allow for earlier revisions to be used at the new
place, at least the diffs work there already. Maybe by adding a new switch to
svn update or so.

> viewcvs needs to be fixed in any case. And if it's fixed, it doesn't matter
> at all.
It does. It does when trying to checkout and use former revisions of files.

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience