Check for license on commit

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Wed May 11 01:40:54 BST 2005

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 5:12 pm, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 May 2005 16:38, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > What do you think of
> > adding this to the pre-commit hook script to prevent more source without
> > a license?
>
> I don't think that's a good idea. I don't wanna add a license to the top of
> every auto-generated file, and I make use a lot of them in my projects...
>
> Bye
>  Bye
>   Niko

Such as ui files?  The kdesdk check_licenses script checks only cpp,h etc
files I believe right now.  As it is the check_licenses script that does the
validating if we the developers put in a check for ui files then that means
that there would probably be a good and easy way to add a license/copyright
to it.

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox