KDE includes

Adam Treat manyoso at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 13:49:52 BST 2005

On Monday 09 May 2005 7:11 am, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> Greetings,
> One question I have is the includes in KDE 4.  Qt4 supports QString vs
> qstring.h. Now imho QString is much easier to figure out what include
> supplies the class I need.  The downside is that I am not sure what
> sideeffects this has on our current codebase.  Also, do we want to provide
> these types of includes in KDE 4?
>
> cheers
> 	-ian reinhart geiser

Yes, most definately.  If we want KDE libraries to be used more generally as a
supplement to Qt, then we should work to make a Qt-only developer feel right
at home with kdelibs.  I think this includes changing KDE4 to Qt4 style
includes as well as breaking up the libraries.  I'm also against thiago's
namespacing proposal, unless someone can layout some hidden benefit that is
currently missing.