KDE includes

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Mon May 9 12:41:17 BST 2005

On Monday 09 May 2005 07:11, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> Greetings,
> One question I have is the includes in KDE 4.  Qt4 supports QString vs
> qstring.h. Now imho QString is much easier to figure out what include
> supplies the class I need.

At my work we use a similat file naming convention (NameOfTheClass.h contains
definition of class NameOfTheClass) since about 10 years already. It makes
for much clarity and for very simplified refactoring and mass editing tools
(nothing that couldn't be done in a setting similar to current Qt3 or KDE
with a bit of scripting wizardry).

Apart of this I don't see a big advantage, so IMHO the eventual downsides
should be considered very carefully.

One downside that comes to mind immediately is the increase of porting efforts
for 3rd party apps.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org