Mega KDE install

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Sat May 7 16:51:37 BST 2005

On Saturday 07 May 2005 17:47, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Paul Sprakes wrote:
> >With svn it seems that I can cd to kde/trunk/KDE and svn up to update
> >everything all at once.
>
> Have you tried? It must read all files' revisions into memory first, which
> takes a LONG time for 70000 files. svn must grow to at least 80MB in size
> before it starts doing anything.
>
> No, updating from trunk/KDE is simply not practical today.
not to say that you will update whole kde-i18n, which isn't a that great idea
I guess, for lame connections like mine on the client side, for faster ones,
just given additional load to the server for languages you will never need :)

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org