Trouble getting svn to work with https

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri May 6 15:05:45 BST 2005

heiko.evermann at gmx.de wrote:
>I tried:
>>svn co https://evermann@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/arts
>
>and I get the response:
>>svn: Unrecognized URL scheme
>>'https://evermann@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/arts'

This means your Subversion was compiled without SSL support, as you
noticed below.

>So my subversion does not seem to be able to process https.
> Unfortunately that is the protocol that you guys expect me to speak to
> use my username.
>
>My subversion is current version 1.1.4 built from source.
>
>What do I have to do.

--with-ssl and have OpenSSL installed. BTW, the library that does the
HTTP/HTTPS access is libneon. I'm not sure if it's built alongside
Subversion, or if you have to build it before.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

1. On frumscafte, hwonne time_t wæs náht, se scieppend þone circolwyrde
wundorcræftlíge cennede and seo eorðe wæs idel and hit wæs gód.