Trouble getting svn to work with https

heiko.evermann at gmx.de heiko.evermann at gmx.de
Fri May 6 15:02:34 BST 2005

Hi everyone,

I have some trouble getting subversion access to work.

Anonymous access for the arts module did work:
> svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/arts

I then wanted to try the same with my username, and it did not work.
I tried:

>svn co https://evermann@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/arts

and I get the response:
>svn: Unrecognized URL scheme
>'https://evermann@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/arts'

After further investigation I found:
"svn --version" on my machine yealds

(http://www.Collab.Net/).

> The following repository access (RA) modules are available:
>
> * ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
>   - handles 'http' schema
> * ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
>   - handles 'file' schema
> * ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
>   - handles 'svn' schema

So my subversion does not seem to be able to process https. Unfortunately that
is the protocol that you guys expect me to speak to use my username.

My subversion is current version 1.1.4 built from source.

What do I have to do.

Any help would be appreciated. Under these circumstances my write access to
the KDE repository is gone, and I would like to have it back...

Kind regards,

Heiko Evermann