SVN: change defaults for line endings

Andreas Roth aroth at arsoft-online.com
Wed May 4 17:58:07 BST 2005

Hi,

i'm working on the dcop port to win32. So i noticed some issues using the
native CRLF-Files:
The generate.pl script in kdelibs/dcop/tests is written for LF-Files. First i
got error when i used the CRLF-generate.pl script, since the cygwin perl does
not handle both eol-styles correctly (or the script doesn't do it yet).
This is one problem. I think this eol-style can lead to errors when using
scripts (like perl or shell scripts) and when these script does not handle
the CRLF eol-style. Since all scripts are written for Unix-System some script
may fail to run on Win32 with CRLF-Files.
The eol-style does not matter on C/C++ files, since all compilers support both
eol-styles.

Regards,
A. Roth