Need DCOP advice

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Tue May 3 22:03:41 BST 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to get some advice on a DCOP-related issue.  When you run the
MediaControl applet in kicker, and then start juk, kicker freezes for a few
seconds until JuK has finished loading.

This is because JuK has blocked DCOP signals during startup, and this is
blocking the applet's DCOP sends() and calls().  I've tried changing the call
in question that's blocking to callAsync(), but that doesn't help, apparently
because the async part is for the message receive, not both send/receive.

So, I'm wondering: Is there a function I can call to check if an app is
blocking DCOP signals?  If not, is it possible to send calls through the dcop
client in a thread other than the GUI thread (properly secured by a mutex)?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne