Fonts in a KDE application

Kurt V. Hindenburg kurt.hindenburg at kdemail.net
Thu Mar 31 23:24:58 BST 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 10:03 am, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| For KDE-Edu fancyness we would like to use specific fonts in some
| applications. We are thinking in making the Makefile.am install the new
| font (it's very easy and the user can install it locally or system-wide).

Not to hijack this thread as I'm not sure if Anne-Marie was asking about this
exactly, but in Konsole we install the console bitmap font in
$KDEDIR/share/fonts.  In order for those fonts to show up in the KFontDialog,
the user must first install them via KControl->System Administor->Font
Installer (I've thrown up simple instruction on konsole.kde.org).  Is there a
way to automatic at installation time or at KDE init?

  Regards,
    Kurt