SVN timing

Derek Kite dkite at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 25 20:49:00 GMT 2005

A couple comments and a question.

The date stuff is fixed in the latest svn.kde.org.

svn log -r 3895 -v  https://svn.kde.org/home/kde  (randomly picking a number)

returns
<snip>
r3895 | kulow | 1997-12-31 06:46:16 -0800 (Wed, 31 Dec 1997) | 2 lines
<snip>
or the right date.

Anonymous checkout works at svn.kde.org. So for checkout purposes no accounts
are needed.

Is there any provision for getting a mirror of the repository? For my purposes
(cvs-digest) having to access a remote repository will slow things down and
may saturate the rather narrow pipe. It works now because I do the rsyncing
and stuff at off peak load times. With people viewing the digest (which is
cached) and looking at diffs (which aren't) it probably will be too slow, and
put unnecessary load on the svn server. Also generating the statistics does
some heavy reading of the repository. So I would prefer to have a local copy
to work from.

Derek