Cervisia licensing: moving forward?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Mar 28 01:43:29 BST 2005

Ben Burton wrote:
>Thiago has written with the following instructions:
>> If you people are ok with a dual license, then please place notices in
>> all your files that the file is dual-licensed.
>>
>> Only the copyright holder can do that. Commit the changes to
>> KDE_3_3_BRANCH, HEAD and ask Coolo for instructions on KDE_3_4_BRANCH.

Ok, don't take my advice as a rule. That was just what would be
preferrable. But if it is very difficult to make the commit, and we've
already seen the copyright holders voice their opinion, I think it is ok
if someone else changes the license. You can always reference the public
URL to the message in the commit log.

I am not a lawyer, though.

BTW, the 3.4 branch instructions were necessary at the time because it was
frozen for commits. It is no longer so.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.