SVN timing

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Thu Mar 24 07:24:23 GMT 2005

Am Donnerstag 24 März 2005 04:04 schrieb Kevin Puetz:
> issues on this command). However, the CVS repo (at work) that I converted
> was only about 600M - not near the size of KDE. Where did that 2-3x number
> come from?

From bad *x most likely.

Frankly: svn annotate is very slow and they're working on it, svn update and svn
commit are a bit slower, but especially svn update on a fresh checkout is much
quicker than cvs update, which has to open every file on the server.

And the operation I do third most is svn diff - and this one is local and as this
_much_ faster than cvs.

Greetings, Stephan