SVN timing

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 23 22:42:22 GMT 2005

> anoncvs servers for users anymore (we have >= 600 people using anoncvs
> servers every day).

That sounds pretty bad. Being able to switch over an anoncvs checkout, and
to have full access to all history, etc., lowers the entry barrier to new
contributors..

> Ah, also we'll experience a factor 2-3 slowdown of all repository
> operations.

Except for annotate --- which is apparently asymptotically slower, taking
~6 minutes on khtml_part.cpp. Unless, of course, coolo got a patch for
that, too... (Well, and I know gcc folks are working on fixing it, so that
will stop being an issue eventually)