Floating toolbars positioning

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Thu Mar 17 17:02:29 GMT 2005

I've never done much with floating toolbars before, but lately kontact one
desktop of mine has been so permanently occupied with kontact that I found
that a floating toolbar was the best way to make economic use of the
available screen real estate.

However, the location of this floating toolbar isn't saved on exit. It always
appears on the same, very inconvenient spot on startup. I've noticed the same
thing with floating toolbars in Konqueror. Is this a general limitation of
floating toolbars or application-dependent? Is it maybe not even considered a
problem since there's kwin and an excellent frontend for it in KControl to
make windows behave (which I've eventually used to work around the problem)?

Just curious,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org