Cervisia again, plus greater problems

Ben Burton bab at debian.org
Thu Mar 17 05:01:52 GMT 2005

> It is somewhat understood that a deliberate misuse of runtime components
> to circumvent copyrights is not allowed, but this is certainly NOT the
> case for quanta and kdevelop (you also forgot konqueror). These
> applications are designed to load available runtime components solely
> on the basis of the services made available.

FWIW, the reason I mention quanta explicitly is that (unlike konqueror)
it goes out of its way to locate the cervisia kpart.  That is, it's not
just looking for any parts that raise their hands, but it's seeking out
cervisia specifically.  I had a feeling that kdevelop did this also, but
I could be wrong; I'm not a kdevelop user or packager.

Ben.