(gcc 2.95 support) kdeextragear-1/amarok/src

Gary L. Greene Jr. greeneg at arklinux.org
Mon Mar 14 11:03:22 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 5:53 am, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Monday, 14. March 2005 10:05, Gary L. Greene Jr. wrote:
> > > The problem here is that if you compile ANY C++ program with either of
> > > the compilers, you MUST compile all other C++ programs with the same
> > > compiler due to the C++ ABI changes between 2.95.x and 3.xx
> >
> > This is not true. Only issue is that you need to have two versions of
> > libstdc++ installed, not requiring that all C++ apps be rebuilt. This
> > just means the FreeBSD KDE team need to request that gcc3 be versioned
> > correctly for the libs.
>
> Not true. I suggest you go and try to compile a KDE application with gcc
> 2.95 on a system that has a gcc 3.x-compiled Qt.

Let me re-clarify my statement: if the deps and it are compiled with it, there
is no issue. The statement Andy was making earlier was that _all_
applications written in C++ on FreeBSD (which not all of them are deps for
KDE.) need compiled with gcc3. I was stating that that blanket of a statement
is false.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from uriel

Developer and Project Lead for the PhoeNUX OS.
 check out http://www.phoenuxos.com/ for more info.
EMAIL : greeneg at arklinux.com