KDE 3.4: Control Center scrollbars

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Tue Mar 1 22:57:25 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 22:09, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> I agree.
> I feel the same with the Kopete configure dialog, which sometimes
> auto-resize.
>
> In a bast world, KControl should start with a size to be able to embed the
> bigger module. Unfortunately, this is impossible, because it will be a
> difficult Job to calculate the size of all modules.

If people would fix their control modules to be a reasonable size we wouldn't
be having this problem indeed. Unfortunately they don't and even if they do
such changes are no longer allowed to go into KDE 3.4 I was told.

> One could already start KControl with a size proportional to the desktop
> resolution.

Yes, I added that last week already.

> That doesn't fix the problem on small screen, but should be at least
> working with bigger resolutions.

The other option is to start the control center full screen, given a big
enough monitor the samba configuration dialog may actually fit then.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian at kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download