Subversion problems

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Mar 1 08:34:30 GMT 2005

Am Donnerstag 24 Februar 2005 14:08 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> OK, meanwhile I found a new one and it's nothing we can solve:
>   http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2005-02/0897.shtml
>
> It seems to be one of the problems I meant when I said no-one before us had
> so many revisions ;(
OK, it turned out to be a pretty severe problem. Meanwhile subversion has
a patch that at least doesn't abort due to out of memory. But my emulated
scripty commit timed took at least 3 hours (after that I went to bed, but when
I woke up, it was finished :). It wouldn't be too bad, if this would only
happen at kde-i18n commits. But unfortunately it happens with all commits
that are interleaved (and you can guess, with one commit taking 3 hours it's
very likely ;(

But there is hope as the subversion developers are discussing a new algorithm.
This again means we won't be able to deploy subversion 1.1 out of the box.
So I will have to give this issue some more time to solve.

Greetings, Stephan