Mentors for Google

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at gmx.de
Tue Jun 28 22:43:23 BST 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 18:01, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Visionary application - Project Knoware

> Label Browser: a new concept in desktop browsing

> Living KDE: an experimental idea of using Tag and search concept to
> organize user documents

I am very interested in these projects, not so much in actually mentoring
them, but discussing tags and search concepts with the authors. As I am
adding tag support to Akregator right now, it would be very useful to share
ideas here and to come up with a common tag concept for KDE (basket and
digikam devels might be also interested).

Will we have a dedicated mailing list for KDE-related SOC projects or any
other special infrastructure? I think projects like the three above are
pretty much interdisciplinary and the problems to solve are related to coding
and framework issues, usability, Tenor, ... So it would be good to have a
horizontal connection between the different lists and sub projects.

Regards,

Frank