64 bits KDE compil

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Jun 29 09:01:40 BST 2005

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 07:42, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> On 29 June 2005 01:35, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 June 2005 11:06, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> > > Does anybody do systematic testing of 64 bits compiles for whole KDE
> > > (extragear included) apart a (very) few linux distros?

I've been building KDE on an amd64 pretty much daily for a year and a half
now. The bits that matter to me get fixed (libs base pim accessibility addons
admin bindings edu games graphics multimedia network sdk toys utils office
develop webdev -- though I probably don't have every dependency installed for
everything, so some stuff gets skipped anyway). Digikam (see below) doesn't
fall in that category.

> this. E.g. the quite nice digikam-image-plugins aren't compiled in 64 bits.
> I thus believe there might be a problem with code portability. Thus, having
> a permanent 64bit compilation assured would be useful.

As far as pipe dreams go, it would be useful if portability was assured across
the OSsen KDE supports, or apidox were maintained across all libs in all
modules. What exactly do you want? The output of configure shipped to you so
you can check that nothing has ended up in DO_NOT_COMPILE that shouldn't?
This presumes that the configure output is done nicely and tells the user
that something is going to be skipped. Can you tell _why_ the plugins aren't
compiled in 64-bit mode?

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot