Offline / Online beoynd PIM

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Jun 29 08:22:32 BST 2005

On Friday 24 June 2005 10:13, Matt Douhan wrote:
> Hello
>
> We are currently in the process of making PIM "network aware", things like
> the following are on my mind.
>
> Select the KMail default transport based on connected network
> Enable and disable periodic mailchecks based on network state
> Disallow sending of emails when in "offline" mode to save the user from
> those weird and wonderful SMTP error msgs.
> not update remote file resources when in offline mode, again so save the
> strange error messages that comes with that.

kdepim/networkstatus provides that functionality already, no? It has been
added to kdepim for release-technical reasons but for KDE 4 it can be moved
to kdelibs. The http io-slave already uses it. See HTTPProtocol::isOffline()

DNS lookup functionality (for BR63088) still needs to be added though.

Cheers,
Waldo