64 bits KDE compil

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Wed Jun 29 06:42:03 BST 2005

On 29 June 2005 01:35, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 June 2005 11:06, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> > Does anybody do systematic testing of 64 bits compiles for whole KDE
> > (extragear included) apart a (very) few linux distros?
>
> i used to compile and use just about everything in extragear and kde's main
> cvs in a 64 bit env up until recently when i quit the office job a couple
> months ago and lost my 64 bit workstation in the process =( why?

Because it seems to me only distros do this, while 64bit linux/unix machines
are more and more popular/available. And the distros are lousy at this. E.g.
the quite nice digikam-image-plugins aren't compiled in 64 bits. I thus
believe there might be a problem with code portability. Thus, having a
permanent 64bit compilation assured would be useful.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org