[RFC] One ioslave to rule them all...

Stefan Gehn mETz81 at web.de
Sun Jun 26 19:28:49 BST 2005

Am Sonntag, 26. Juni 2005 20:00 schrieb Kévin Ottens:
> I expect exactly the same thing, if the user starts with system:/ he'll see
> that home:/ is a child and expect up to bring him back to system:/. Of
> course if you start at home:/ directly you don't know that system:/ is
> parent (except if you press up, or use up popup menu).

I think this makes no sense, it should be system:/home/ then, i.e. don't
change the protocol at all (even if more than one ioslave is involved). I
have no idea if kio allows that but from a logical point of view this makes
much more sense to me.

> Hmm, good point... Would make all this things even more complicated though.
> =) On the other hand, no one complained about the fact that "file:" is not
> translated, even if now it's hidden... ;-)

"http:", "ftp:" and "mailto:" aren't translated either, maybe because URLs are
system stuff which should be hidden or at least unimportant for normal users.

Bye, Stefan aka mETz