[RFC] One ioslave to rule them all...

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jun 26 18:53:13 BST 2005

On Sunday 26 June 2005 19:41, Kévin Ottens wrote:
> Le Dimanche 26 Juin 2005 19:38, Ingo Klöcker a écrit :
> > Which is of course completely counter-intuitive because using
> > Konqueror for some months/years the user already learned by
> > experience that the up button only works if there's something
> > behind the '/'.
>
> Well for most users I work with, the up button only works when it
> looks enabled in the toolbar... They don't really care about the look
> of the URL.

Hmm, good point. Though that doesn't make it more intuitive. The user
will have to try the Up button to see what happens. But why should he
try it in the first place? There's no way he could guess what it does.
And if he wants to go from home:/ to system:/ then where should he get
the idea from that he has to click on the Up button?

Apart from that I'm wondering whether those special URLs will be
i18n'ed. If not then what good are those special URLs for people who
don't speak English?

Regards,
Ingo