[RFC] One ioslave to rule them all...

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Jun 26 14:42:04 BST 2005

Kévin Ottens wrote:
>Le Dimanche 26 Juin 2005 13:29, Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
>> For me it seems like fixing a small thing like "users not having to
>> see the unix filesystem" to break a big thing like "non-kde programs
>> won't work".
>>
>> So for me if the problem with non-kde programs can not be fixed is a
>> no-go.
>
>Well, currently it works for non-KDE application, if you open a file.
> It's still tricky for drag-n-drop though.

Can't Konqueror and kfile simply automatically return the mostLocalURL for
any URL that has it, for every application? The result would be that any
application would receive the file name, not a URL that should point to
it.

The drawback is that, if a user does Save As or Open in an application, he
won't be in home:/$USER/Documents, but $HOME/Documents, which defeats the
point.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

1. On frumscafte, hwonne time_t wæs náht, se scieppend þone circolwyrde
wundorcræftlíge cennede and seo eorðe wæs idel and hit wæs gód.