CTRL+Y as shortcut for redo

Christian Loose christian.loose at hamburg.de
Fri Jun 24 19:47:55 BST 2005

On Friday 24 June 2005 20:15, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Friday 24 June 2005 20:03, Christian Loose wrote:
> > Agree that it makes perfect sense for the win32-compatibility mode.
>
> Well, following standards for a *desktop* is fine by me - so running under
> windows *desktop*, KDE apps could follow windows standards. I suggest that
> actions that causes conflicts then loose their shortcuts entirely.
>
> And, for KDE i suggest that we *keep* the current shortcuts in the default
> shortcut scheme, we can provide a different one for those not wanting
> shortcuts in applications.

I'm not sure I understand you. Let me explain what I'm talking about:

Under Control Center -> Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts, we
have several different shortcut schemes. Amongst others the Windows scheme.

AFAIK this scheme should provide the user with keyboard shortcuts that match
the ones under windows, but the redo action shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+Z instead
of the windows standard shortcut Ctrl+Y.

Attached is a patch to change it.

Bye, Christian