Offline / Online beoynd PIM

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Jun 24 17:52:34 BST 2005

George Staikos wrote:
>On Friday 24 June 2005 06:40, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> In any event, if I remember correctly, the results were that we'd have
>> a module in kded resposible for brokering the ioslave calls.
>
>  What do you mean by this?

The first problem we face now is round-robin DNS. Imagine you connect to
FTP site ftp.site.com. You select a file to copy and execute. Another
kio_ftp is launched, connects to "ftp.site.com" and asks for the file.

However, what may happen is that you connected to a different server and
the file isn't available there, at that path. The same goes for HTTP wrt
to sessions.

IMO, those are badly designed sites.

There was also something about resolver failures, but I can't remember
anymore what the problem was. I am sure there is a bug open for this, but
it cannot be fixed until KDE4.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

4. And æfter se scieppend ingelogode, he wrát "cenn", ac eala! se
rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne wát hú cennan 'eall'. Ástynt."