[RFC] Need for a new KIO slave error: "unsupported file format"

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Jun 22 15:25:23 BST 2005

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 16:05, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> I would need a "unsupported file format" for a KIO slave.
>
> So probably a new value should be added to kdelibs/kio/kio/global.*. My
> question is how should it be labeled to avoid to have an error message that
> has a too narrow use.
>
> I propose ERR_UNSUPORTED_FILE_FORMAT with
> "Unsupported file format.\n%1"

I don't really object, but I wonder what do we really gain from it, compared to using
ERR_SLAVE_DEFINED and shipping the complete error message with it?
To the user it would look the same, the only difference would be if you wanted
to check for this error code from some application code, but that's obviously
not the case for kio_tar, right?