kmix -> kdebase

Peter Rockai (mornfall) me at mornfall.net
Wed Jun 22 14:45:03 BST 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 11:36, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 June 2005 15:10, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  There actually is a kmix applet and it's even better than the systray
> > icon (direct feedback). It just needs hiding of almost all channels it
> > shows by default.
>
> I strongly prefer the systray icon over the applet: It opens a nice,
> reasonably sized slider for adjusting the volume. With the applet
> everything is tiny, and you have to hit the desired pixels exactly. That
> can be tedious if you're not good in handling your mouse or use your
> laptop's touchpad.
>
> The "themeable and looking better" argument for the systray icon has
> already been brought up, I second that too. And the applet still doesn't
> offer the capability to open KMix for a big mixer window with labeled
> channels.
Well, as far as kde4 goes, plasma should allow extenders for applets, so kmix
applet could show just an icon (and possibly/optionally a pair of channels in
the current kmix-applet style) and extend to a similar slider like
kmix-systray does now. And it could land on desktop easily if aseigo lives up
to his words ;).

Yours,
    Peter.

--
Peter Rockai | me()mornfall!net | prockai()redhat!com | +421907533216