kmix -> kdebase

Hans Meine meine at kogs1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Jun 21 13:21:36 BST 2005

Hi!

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 14:13, Stephan Binner wrote:
> in my opinion kmix belongs as central desktop functionality into kdebase.
> Its maintainer is "slightly pro" about this move. Any other opinion to kick
> this discussion of about the 'if' and if yes with which release (3.5 or
> 4.0)? :-)

Oh yes, definitely.  In my experience, the most common reason for "sound not
working" at Joe User's PC are mixer settings.  In other words, it's a *very*
important facility that should always be available.

<exaggerate>I would even vote for making the mixer icon in the systray
permanent as long as the user does not find a more-or-less hidden disable
button.</exaggerate>

--
Ciao, /  /
     /--/