[patch] bug in xmlgui wrt double separators

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sat Jun 18 10:54:19 BST 2005

The KXMLGUIClient can read several *.rc files and merge them into one UI.
It also has code to detect and remove double separators, or separators at
the bigginning of a (sub)menu. This is needed when certain actions are
not found and it also does things like not showing empty menus.

Unfortunately the removal of separators in kind of misplaced; its in the
mergeXML method. This has the effect that when we don't merge, the
filtering is not done.
We found such a place in the kmail part when it was used in kontact, in
which case the 'new window' action is not created.

I solved this by calling mergeXML anyway for the non-merge case which
indeed solves the problem.

cc-ing Simon as he might want to refactor this to be better :)

I'd like this to go in since we then can get rid of 1 rc file in kmail
which is 99% the same as an already existing one.
Comments?  Ok to commit?

please cc replies as I am not subscribed to k-c-d
--
Thomas Zander