Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Jun 17 19:07:01 BST 2005

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>On Friday 17 June 2005 14:05, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>> Am Freitag 17 Juni 2005 00:54 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
>> > or
>> > 2) the linker implements locking, so that it can't be launched more
>> > than once, simultaneously
>>
>> Which would be nonsense as a) you need to add it to e.g. meinproc too
>> and b) you want two lds if you have a SMP machine
>>
>> But it can't be added to the build tool as the build tool for cmake is
>> make, cmake itself doesn't distribute compile jobs. And the fact that
>> scons does all out of one tool is the reason it's top runner as Alex
>> wanted to know.
>
>Ok, so our actual problem is make and not
> automake/autoconf/libtool/m4/.. ;-)

Right. We're proposing replacing automake, autoconf, libtool and make
itself.

>Does scons feature configure checks ?

I didn't use it for that in hte only project I did with Scons. However,
it's a pure Python script, so you can do whatever you want.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.