Build system for KDE4

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Wed Jun 15 19:34:33 BST 2005

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 16:04, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 15 Juni 2005 14:13 schrieb Hans Meine:
> > Finally, 99% of my problems getting KDE to run here at our university can
> > be attributed to the build system.
>
> But seriously: if you're stuck with perl 5.0, you have other problems to
> fix first than automake

Eh, we have several versions installed, it's just a matter of the right PATH:
5.003
5.005_02
5.005_03
v5.6.1
v5.8.5

Please don't ask me if we need all those, I think there's noone here who dares
touching the ancient system paths.. Modern versions live in a module system,
I just forgot to activate one in that shell.

I'm sending this reply b/c I don't want to give the impression that my whole
complaint was useless - our setup might be unusual (call it "strange" if you
want), but I definitely think such systems should be supported, too.
(This "module system" is setting PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PKG_CONFIG_PATH and so
on for you, so in theory all dependencies should be available.)

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS