Build system for KDE4

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 14:06:27 BST 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 15:10, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 June 2005 14:03, Richard Dale wrote:
> > The KDE version of libtool doesn't work with gcj. How on earth can that
> > happen - or is it just me? Don't Redhat maintain both autotools and gcj,
> > and might also have a passing interest in KDE? And unlike any other part
> > of KDE I can't look at the libtool code and even begin to understand how
> > to fix it. It passes something like a '-m' option to gcj which it doesn't
> > understand as it's a gcc only thing.
>
> Is there at all a libtool that works with gcj? Most of the snippets I find
> show people using gcj on the commandline, directly...
Oh dear, that is just so underwhelming.. Also there doesn't seem to be a
standard autoconf macro for detecting the presense of gcj, and maybe giving
gij an alias of java, and gcj and alias of javac. That would make it easy to
replace the Sun jdk tools with Free Software gcj for building the java Qt/KDE
bindings.

-- Richard