Build system for KDE4

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 13:03:24 BST 2005

On Monday 13 June 2005 14:15, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Monday 13 June 2005 06:25, Chris Lee wrote:
> > Must support:
>
> Also mixing C++ and Java code -- calling gcj and creating shared libs from
> java?
The KDE version of libtool doesn't work with gcj. How on earth can that happen
- or is it just me? Don't Redhat maintain both autotools and gcj, and might
also have a passing interest in KDE? And unlike any other part of KDE I can't
look at the libtool code and even begin to understand how to fix it. It
passes something like a '-m' option to gcj which it doesn't understand as
it's a gcc only thing.

As for using autotools to build a Mac OS X version of qtruby - they're utterly
hopeless. There are long winded instructions in the qtruby INSTALL about how
to circumvent the autotools problems.

-- Richard