Build system for KDE4

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 14 01:37:51 BST 2005

On Monday 13 June 2005 07:24, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> yes auto* kind of sucks. can you name one build system which sucks
> less ?

I once used a plain 'ol Makefile with a Perl script to install icons for my
program abakus.  It sucked less. :P

unsermake sucks much much much less, and could be a key part of a proposed
build system.

SCons/bksys is much much better than autotools for the build framework.  The
configure script aspect is handled poorly by SCons at this point though, so
we'd have to either fix it or replace it.  Any replacement we write would
likely suck 100x less than autoconf at this point.

checking sizeof(autoconf_suck)...   32768K

I'm sick and tired of having to suffer through all the bloated layers of
autoconf, automake and libtool just so that someone can fail to build KDE on
UnixWare somewhere.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne