SUBMISSION: New Library for kdesupport: indexlib

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jun 13 23:12:35 BST 2005

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
>This seems to have been fixed. I just ran your test case through my g++
>(gcc-c++-3.4.5-0.20050613.1ark -- basically gcc-3_4-branch as of today
> w/ the visibility patch and a couple of bugfix patches grabbed from
> gcc's bugzilla) and while I'm not an ELF expert, this looks right to
> me:
[assembly snip]

>I used g++ -O2 -fvisibility=hidden -fPIC -o test.o something.ii to test
> -- do I need to pass any other compiler flags to reproduce this, or is
> it safe to assume this is a problem with older gcc 3.4.x versions only?

That's good to know. I believe the problem has been fixed, given your
command-line.

But it doesn't solve the other problem: we're applying "hidden" to non-KDE
code, which can blow up in our faces (as it did with QEvent-derived
classes & dynamic_cast).

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

3. Ac seo woruld wearð geborod, swá se Scieppend cwæð "Gewurde Unix" and
wundor fremede and him "Unix" genemned, þæt is se rihtendgesamnung.