Fwd: Re: Build system for KDE4

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jun 13 13:04:57 BST 2005

Hit the wrong reply button.

--Stefan

Subject: Re: Build system for KDE4
Date: Monday 13 June 2005 07:57
From: Stefan Teleman <steleman at nyc.rr.com>
To: Guillaume Laurent <glaurent at telegraph-road.org>

On Monday 13 June 2005 08:01, you wrote:
> Stefan Teleman wrote:
> > yes auto* kind of sucks. can you name one build system which
> > sucks less ?
>
> Actually I'd like to ask you the opposite question : can you name
> one build system which sucks *more* ? I'm genuinely interested in
> the answer.

yes, ribosome. :-) (well at least this week). it's used by
HelixPlayer. you end up rewriting half the Makefiles by hand, unless
you really really really want to read through 100+ Python scripts and
figure out what's broken and why. :-P

--Stefan

steleman at nyc.rr.com                          -Monty Python

steleman at nyc.rr.com                          -Monty Python