[Fwd: KView for KDE4?]

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Tue Jun 7 19:30:26 BST 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 01:28, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Yes, there should be a limit on how large a pixmap can be created by
> zooming (in any image app).  This should be configurable somewhere (like
> it is in GIMP) so users with a lot of memory could change it.  Is the
> tiled method a possibility since it has some of the advantages of both
> methods.
Good plan.  I also developed a QImage display widget, which just uses a
widget-sized pixmap if zoomed.  From my experience, I can confirm that a
limited pixmap size is absolutely crucial.

> KWrite and Kate are the same application with two personalities.  KWrite
> is a basic editor and Kate is an editor with a lot of features.  Perhaps
> this same strategy could be used with the image viewer.  A viewer with a
> lot of features could also have a simpler personality (like KWrite) for
> users to use when they just wanted to look at an image.
Good idea, but...

> Yes, if you can develop Gwenview into a viewer that will have the
> capabilities of KView and Kuickshow, this would be good.
..one of the most important features of kuickshow is (as the name indicates)
its' speed.  It would be very sad if that was sacrificed, and one thing I
don't really like about kwrite is that it takes just a little too long to be
started without thinking twice.

Ciao,
  Hans