Moving 3.5 development into branches/KDE/3.5

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Wed Jun 1 18:29:52 BST 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 16:01, Michael Brade wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 May 2005 08:06, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > On Monday 30 May 2005 23:39, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > > Either that, or throwing in more manpower to do the 'real' work.
> > > Dealing with merging is just wasting *very* precious time.
> >
> > OK, so how about dropping the idea of KDE 3.5 then?
>
> No, I wouldn't like that at all. There have been lots of bugfixes and some
> new features. Even if everyone stops working on KDE 3.5 by Friday it's
> still worth releasing it as it is.

The question is will you still want to be doing bug fixes on it in 9 months?

The current split puts some folks in a tough position who are on the line
between library developers and application developers.  Given the nature of
our community that's not a small chunk of folks.  I'm still worried about
splitting our efforts.

-Scott

relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
--Richard Feynman