JPEG detection problem

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Sat Jul 30 20:08:41 BST 2005

On Friday 29 July 2005 09:34, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> > size_t is always unsigned, so the patch is correct in that aspect.
> >
> > Now, why is it being typedefed? Shouldn't stddef.h or stdlib.h be
> > included instead? In fact, it must already be included because you are
> > getting a definition conflict.
>
> Right. This test is simply too old, we should check if the system is able
> to compile jpeg without having to typedef size_t. So rip it off or replace
> it with an #include
> Nicolas, please test that.

The #include is not in the code for the test but it is in what the compiler
gets to compile (according to config.log and according to the genereated
./configure

However the comment seems to indicate that it is not enough in some
conditions. ("gcc2" is quite vague.)

That is why I have not tested to remove the defintion.

(As for the reason, I suppose that the problem was that the test is done under
C++ now and not in C anymore. That is the only potentially relevant change
that I can see form the diff.)

Nevertheless I will try to remove the definiton and see what happens.

> Greetings, Stephan

Have a nice day!