arts can not create configure

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Fri Jul 29 20:11:25 BST 2005

On Friday 29 July 2005 19:42, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Friday 29 July 2005 19:26, Martin Koller wrote:
> > What does it mean and how can I solve it ?
>
> run "svn up"

Thanks, that helped.

Yet another problem in configuring kdelibs:
You're missing libjpeg 6 or later.
KDE won't be able to display JPEG and many web pages won't
work because of this.
You may need to either provide correct --with-extra-... options,
or the development package of libjpeg6b. You can get a source
package of libjpeg from http://www.ijg.org/

=> This worked without any problems with the last 3 or so releases with KDE.

And I have
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Jan 15  2004 /usr/lib/libjpeg.so ->
libjpeg.so.62*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 Jan 15  2004 /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62
-> libjpeg.so.62.0.0*
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       150580 Feb 14  2003 /usr/lib/libjpeg.a
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       114152 Feb 14
2003 /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62.0.0*

also /usr/include/jpeglib.h which includes:
#define JPEG_LIB_VERSION  62     /* Version 6b */

So probably the configure check is wrong.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

       Some operating systems are called 'user friendly',
             Linux however is 'expert friendly'.