SuperKaramba's location for 3.5

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 28 16:55:44 BST 2005

On Thursday, 28. July 2005 17:07, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> >That's pretty irrelevant from a packager's perspective.
>
> Right. The packager can install Python if he's doing binary packages.
>
> For source packages, like FreeBSD's ports, it depends on what the user
> chooses. Since it's a new application, the user will not miss anything in
> case Python is not present.

FreeBSD is both source packages and binary packages. And python is not just a
buildtime dependency (I think).

My allergy to big ugly snakes aside, why put superkaramba into 3.5 when it's
just going to be obsoleted by its successor in KDE4 anyway?

We already package it separately from KDE, just like probably every Linux
distro out there. Putting it in extragear will save packagers from having to
reshuffle packages and get superkaramba out of kdereview - everyone's happy.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org