locale for NA

Uwe Thiem uwix at iway.na
Thu Jul 28 13:30:00 BST 2005

Hi folks,

please find a locale file for Namibia attached. For all I know, it is correct.

Problem with Namibia is that it doesn't have a Department of Weights and
Measurements or anything similar. So a lot of things aren't well-defined. For
example The Namibian, the English daily newspaper, uses "," as a decimal
symbol (like in South Africa) which is actually wrong in Namibia. I talked to
a lot of bankers, scientists, high-ranking civil servants, teachers and
journalists, and the attached file was the result.

English should actually be en_ZA which differs from en_GB ("to organize" is
wrong here). Unfortunately, en_ZA never got released. :-( So en_GB is the
closest we can get.

Uwe

--
95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
developers. - Linus Torvalds

http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)