X-KDE-IsAlso=text/plain

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau Friedrich.W.H at kossebau.de
Thu Jul 28 01:29:16 BST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2005 01:56, schrieb David Faure:
> The rule for finding a viewer/editor is that an application for a
> more-specific mimetype is always preferred over an application for a
> more-generic mimetype, so this reduces the risk of getting kwrite for
> xml-derived types : this can only happen if you have no better viewer
> installed at all, not just due to some preference misconfiguration; and in
> that case, well, it's better than nothing.

Well, not really (except you are a developer). Or may I switch the hexedit
KPart back to handle all/files again? ;)

Better than noting or some source viewer/editor would be an appropriate
message "Please install some app to deal with this file type. Or choose on of
the apps which can show you at least the source." with an hook for
distributions to plugin their installation voodo (by some generic
installation KPart interface, for example).

Regards
Friedrich