Can't compile ARTS 1.0 (from KDE 3.0)

Clarence Dang dang at kde.org
Fri Jul 22 06:43:09 BST 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 23:13, Clarence Dang wrote:
> On Thursday 21 July 2005 22:46, David Faure wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 July 2005 14:44, Clarence Dang wrote:
> > > I'm trying to do this for the purposes of creating and testing a binary
> > > package of KolourPaint against KDE 3.0.
> > >
> > > configure.in:617: warning: underquoted definition of GLIB_SIZEOF
> >
> > Your autoconf is too new for this old version of arts. Downgrade
> > autoconf,
>
> Doesn't work:

Solution found: replace autoconf _and_ automake:

~~~~
aclocal -> /usr/bin/aclocal-1.5
autoconf -> /usr/bin/autoconf-2.13
autoheader -> /usr/bin/autoheader-2.13
automake -> /usr/bin/automake-1.5
autoreconf -> /usr/bin/autoreconf-2.13
autoscan -> /usr/bin/autoscan-2.13
autoupdate -> /usr/bin/autoupdate-2.13
ifnames -> /usr/bin/ifnames-2.13
~~~~

Now the fun job of attempting to compile with gcc4...  I think I'll ask the
autopackage people and see if I can skip this altogether.

In any case, Dirk, I know you do gcc compile fixes :)  What's the oldest
version of KDE that compiles on gcc 3.4 or 4?